IREPSA’S NEW PRESIDENT: " THE UNITY AMONGST US IS GONE, BUT I AM GOING TO BRING IT BACK"


As the former PRO of his department (Industrial Relations and Personnel Management Students Association -IREPSA), Martins Thikan can be regarded as a backbone for the former President of the department for the most part of last session.  Now as president, Martins disclosed that this is a motivation for him to continue to work harder for his department. In this exclusive interview with Oladipo Olaitan of the Crawford Students Press Club, He disclosed this and also calls for Unity amongst his departmental members as a whole.







Excerpts:
Q:  Good Afternoon, Can we meet you?

I’m Thikan Martins Tari from the department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management here in from Crawford University and I’m the new president of the department.

Q: As the new president of the department, what are your plans towards this session for your department?

I would like to say the first plan I have for the department is bringing unity to the department, making everybody come together, working hand-in-hand and secondly, I’d like everybody in the department to pursue one goal and that goal is achieving greatness. I think with that all other plans will be covered but for now I have just one or two plans but by the time we resume, when I sit with my excos, we will have other things in hand to bring up but with me now it’s just unity and I want everybody to achieve greatness but the most important is unity because at the moment, the department lacks it.



Q: Very nice, you are known to have been active in your department before your election as the president. Tell us more about your exploits?

I’ve been 90%active in the department; I was an exco in the previous administration, I was the P.R.O of the department but the role I played was more than the role of P.R.O. I played a vital role during the departmental week and before that time I played most of the roles even more than the vice president. Anybody in the department can say that. After the president was me then the social director, we were the ones who worked everything out during our week and other events that took place.



Q: That’s sweet to hear, as the former P. R.O who could work more effectively than the vice president. Now, how can you balance up your academics and your post as the president?

I think being the president is like a motivation for me to work harder because if not everybody in this school, let me say everyone in my department is looking up to me so I can’t afford to come down so to me, it’s just like a motivation, something that wants to make me work harder despite all other activities; the SRC, go for meetings and all other things. I think being the president will make me work harder because I can’t afford to go astray as this would have a sad effect on the people looking up to me.

Q: Being the president of a department now, you’re already a member of the SRC, what do you think you could do to help in the school and what do you think are the problems challenging students in the school?



Well, thank you for asking that question, it would be difficult to work out some kind of things in Crawford university we all know but I pray and I hope that this our era would bring better things to the school. Left to me, I would like the school to look into the welfare of students, the health centre, and our hostels and if I’m given opportunity to talk about our challenges I think it’s mainly the welfare of the students and the educational system. Although, it is quite impressive but we still need more lecturers and more colleges but I think that’s far from now but the most pressing is the welfare of students.



Q: Where do you see yourself in the next ten years?
 I see myself in the next ten years achieving greatness, being the man I want to be and most probably married.

Q:  As the president, all IREPSITES will like to know who their first lady is; can you tell us who she is?

*laughs*
 That’s a funny question. First lady? For where? For Crawford? I don’t know oo! Being the president now there must be a first lady or what? There’s no first lady oo! I don’t know.

Q: All right then, it was nice having this interview with you. Thanks.

You’re welcome. It’s my pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAUGHTY THINGS CRAWFORD STUDENTS DO IN THE HOSTEL WHEN BORED! !

A NEW VICE-CHANCELLOR FOR CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY

ICH'S PRESIDENT: "THE VISION IS TO CONTINUE FROM WHERE MY PREDECESSOR LEFT OFF AND PLAN TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT BIGGER"