"NAPSS WILL DELIVER NEXT SESSION" SAYS DOYIN, NEW NAPSS PRESIDENT


DOSUNMU ADEDOYIN OLUWADAMILARE is the newly elected President of NAPSS (NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POLITICAL SCIENCE STUDENTS). In this exclusive interview with Akintola Esther of CRAWFORD STUDENTS PRESS CLUB, he discusses his plans for NAPSS.

EXCERPTS:

Q. Kindly introduce yourself.

I am Dosunmu Adedoyin Oluwadamilare and I am the newly elected President of NAPSS.



Q. You were the Vice President during BUKOLA OLUOMONIYI'S administration where she was the President.  Can you tell us what NAPSS achieved then?

Yes, I was and it was great working with her. The administration started late due to the delay of the election which left us with a semester. As we all know that the second semester is usually filled with social activities but we ensured that tutorials were organized to sharpen the minds of students and a major achievement was the NAPSS week. Our week was the Best I suppose but I was surprised that it was adjudged the second Best Week after NESA according to the Ratings done by the Press Club Reporter that covered the Event. He rated us below NESA in terms of who had the Best Week. Nonetheless, I am happy that NAPSS performed very well during this last administration.

Q. Before the Elections that brought you in, we heard rumours that you were not going to contest for the post of the President! Can you tell us what changed your mind?

Like you said, it was a rumour. As we all know that God's plans are not the same as ours so I can say mine was akin to that as I never told anyone I would not be contesting for the post of the President. A lot of people asked me and I told them that it was left to be seen. Thus, it was really seen when I contested unopposed and ultimately won.

Q. How did you feel when you learnt you had no opponent?

Honestly speaking, I did not feel good because this is a political department but all the same, I know how what it feels like to have someone contesting against you as this occurred once but was well handled.



Q. Now that you have become the President of NAPSS, what are your plans for NAPSS? 

I have good plans for NAPSS but all require extra efforts, total commitment and discipline. NAPSS is a great department in Crawford University and I am going to work hand - in - hand with my executives to improve it.
A major challenge is the academic performance of NAPSSITEs in general. For NAPSSITEs to gain grounds academically, they need exposure. What do I mean by this? There needs to be workshops, seminars, debates, etc to widen their knowledge. We are taking NAPSS from a theoretical level to that of a practical one. Also, tutorials will be organized to make sure all courses giving students problems are handled.
Also, I will make sure handouts are given weeks before and not days to the examination as this was a major complaint last session but to do this, we need to work with our lecturers as no steps would be taken without their involvement. A meeting would be held with them to discuss this. 

Q. Aside academic plans, what other plans do you have? 

Well, I have plans to help NAPSSITES communicate better and this will be done via debates, presentations and the social media. These will be taken seriously as some benefits would be attached to it. NAPSSITEs must be good speakers whether shy or not.
Also, the social aspect will not be forgotten as social activities are craved for by all and sundry. We just are going to spice it up with more activities.
Lastly, my executives have a lot of plans. My job is to make sure they are able to carry them out. So it is my plans plus theirs. 

Q. Are you saying by next session NAPSS will be the leading department in the school? 

Well, not to brag, all I am saying is the academic performance of NAPSSITES will improve for those interested in academic excellence, so also with other aspects too. Allow me to put it this way, NAPSS will deliver! 

Q. A lot of students feel NAPSS should be a platform for aspiring Political scientists, politicians and ambassadors. Why is it lagging behind?



Hmmm! This issue is a serious one! Well, most Political Science students complain about this but the question is, "Are they willing to participate in Political Activities that take place within the school?" Just like I said earlier, I am not happy with the situation of things; however, measures will be taken to adjust this by educating them on the need for Political participation.

Q. That being said, we know behind every President Is a First lady. Do you mind revealing to us who she is? 

*laughs *

 I knew it. You are funny oh.  What if I say there is no one? Anyway, it remains undisclosed till further notice. 

Q. I feel NAPSSITEs would like to know who their First lady is. Just give us a little something about her. 

*chuckles *

 Well she is a beautiful lady both on the inside and outside. She is a calm person and very supportive. 

Q. Do you mind telling us her level and department? 

Sorry, I can't disclose that. 

Q. Now tell us, where will you be in the next few years? 

Wow... A very good question!
I have always loved to be a versatile person so in the next few years; you would all be seeing me on different platforms both as an entrepreneur and a diplomat. 

Q. Who Is Adedoyin?

Talking about myself, Adedoyin is a free person and can be easily approached. I am nice and caring, also fun to be with. I love motivating people to be the best they can be and never give up no matter may be the case. I am someone who does not care about rumours because people will always talk about you. I love looking good and confident. Also, I love arts and designing of clothes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAUGHTY THINGS CRAWFORD STUDENTS DO IN THE HOSTEL WHEN BORED! !

A NEW VICE-CHANCELLOR FOR CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY

ICH'S PRESIDENT: "THE VISION IS TO CONTINUE FROM WHERE MY PREDECESSOR LEFT OFF AND PLAN TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT BIGGER"